STO 0.07% $7.02 santos limited

very happy with my STO holdings bought recently in the low 3s,...

1. 1,190 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 295
    very happy with my STO holdings bought recently in the low 3s, but was only a small parcel so would like to add some more if it drops back to mid 3s on an oil and gas slump or some other political drama.

the katana article above sums up the fundamental thesis nicely. as an investment, its a turnaround story that has been significantly de-risked by virtue of:
    1) the higher gas and oil prices
    2) the strong outlook for gas and oil prices with a price floor around $40 due to OPEC supply constraints, various weather and war events and a range of 40-60 (ceiling due to all the shale gas in USA that comes online when price gets consistently above $50)
    3) their progress in paying down debt using strong operational cash flows at current prices
    4) their efficiency and cost cutting agenda
    5) their focus on optimising existing resources rather than new exploration/ acquisition at a time when they could risk over-paying for resources and over-stretching the balance sheet.

I won't be a STO shareholder in 3 years i suspect as oil & gas will eventually be supplanted or at least profitability will be challenged by renewables (govt regulation, consumer preferences, etc), but i think the next 1-2 years will be a good time to be in STO and its not too late to add further on price dips to maximise returns before getting set and selling out at a price target of around $6 or higher (depending on the fundamental and outlook in 1-2 years).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.02
Change
-0.005(0.07%)
Mkt cap ! $23.02B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.00 $7.08 $6.98 $19.96M 2.840M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 27338 $7.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.02 49035 26
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.00pm 01/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.
Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: ) in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php:236 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Application\Service\AppManager::handlePhpError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/data/vhosts/te...', 236, Array) #1 /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php(236): session_write_close() #2 [internal function]: Zend\Session\SessionManager->writeClose() #3 {main} thrown in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php on line 236