CAP 2.27% 4.3¢ carpentaria resources ltd

Regardless of how you intend to vote, this post is designed to...

1. 368 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 111
    Regardless of how you intend to vote, this post is designed to highlight why it is important to vote.

At the last AGM, a maximum of 13.5% of the issued capital of CAP voted (per ASX announcment on 23 November 2011). ASI/Silvergate currently own 19.13% (per top 20 shareholder list from 3 October 2012). Therefore, if only the same shareholders vote again, then the resolutions proposed by ASI/Silvergate will be approved.

There has been some question on past Hot Copper posts as to whether ASI/Silvergate would vote together with Conglin Yue. We do know that Conglin Yue and his related entities holds approx 14% (per top 20 shareholder list from 3 October 2012). We do know that the Conglin representative Mr Bin Cai is up for re-election to the board. We do not know the extent of any relationship between ASI/Silvergate and to say there is is simply speculation. However, should Conglin choose to vote in favour of the ASI/Silvergate proposals, then a total of approximately 33% of the votes would be needed to reject ASI/Silvergates resolutions.

I hope and suspect that there will be a greater number of shareholders voting this time (for starters, I hold more shares than last year and don't think I voted). However, do not leave it to the others to vote. This time, do your own research and make your own decision, but know that regardless of how you vote, this time your vote will count.

Also, remember there are two votes - the AGM and the EGM. The AGM includes the normal matters and appointment of directors. The EGM is as proposed by ASI/Silvergate and seeks to remove two current directors and appoint two ASI/Silvergate representatives.

You can vote by completing the paper work sent. But if you are reading this then you are online and can easily vote online. Try this link and if not, it was copied from the shareholder letter see announcement on 13 November.

https://investorcentre.linkmarketservices.com.au

PS - In case any one is interested, I have cast my vote predominantly IN FAVOUR of the proposed AGM resolutions and AGAINST all EGM resolutions proposed by ASI/Silvergate.

PPS Thanks R36 for a great post. I had done some similar research but not all the same and I agree with many of your comments - some of which formed the basis of my decision.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.