The Polar Vortex and Climate chnage (CO2)

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 9,012 Posts.
    Instead of clogging up threads with this ongoing discussion of the SETTLED SCIENCE lets give it is own thread.

@mjp2 is of the opinion that it is the IPCC's assertion that the Polar Vortex shall show equatorial motions as CO2 increases.

I have shown many times how the past data and historical observations have shown us that during sunspot minimums the polar vortex slackens and during solar sunspot maximums it contracts as has the IPCC.

If anyone does not believe that the earth had just recently experienced a some seriously high numbers for a solar maximum then their head is up their behinds!

I assert that mjp is just plain wrong.  The IPCC have in most of their reports (3, 4 and 5 anyway) in fact stated the observations of the polar vortex was seen to be contracting.  Opposite to mjps assertion that a slackening of the Polar vortex is a sign of increasing CO2!

Funny how increasing CO2 in the latter 1/2 of the twentieth century has a opposite effect to mjp and his advisors

This is under section 2 "Observations" "IPCC"  And in Sect 3

“It is likely that circulation features have moved poleward since the 1970s, involving a widening of the tropical belt, a poleward shift of storm tracks and jet streams, and a contraction of the northern polar vortex. Evidence is more robust for the Northern Hemisphere.”

Next you will be telling us that a decrease in poleward storm tracks is ALSO expected with an increase in CO2

So lets discuss it here mjp.  shoot even introduce @tristanc into this.

I put myself at your mercy.  Your superior intellect could well just crush me.

Dont miss the opportunity boys.

You up for the challenge.
    Last edited by jopo: 20/03/19

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.