CCL 0.00% $13.30 coca-cola amatil limited

There are 3 main competing threats for CCL sales revenue -...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 6,436 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 963
    There are 3 main competing threats for CCL sales revenue - discount price competition with Pepsi, taste/health benefit competition with other drink formats and Indonesian market penetration.

Meanwhile there is one major plus - the clear consumer preference for Coke Zero.

By far and away the most significant of the threats is the 'new sobriety' post GFC - where lower prices are expected in order for buying larger quantities.

Judging by my visits to Coles, the cost competition has 'bottomed'. The price/volume metrics are up about 20% from last year.

I've formed the view as a result that the largest damage to Australia/Nz earnings has already occurred - and further we are likely to see gradual improvement in earnings as the economy continues to normalise.

The health competition issue I feel - as said elsewhere - is overstated given it has been an issue since the 80s. Population increases are a positive and I think this will largely net off, given CCL will also have water and other non carbonated income.

So for me - the key unknown is whether Indonesia proves to be a cash drain or cash generator.

But - if the market gets confidence in CCL's core non Indonesian earnings stability and growth - the p/e ratio will likely go from 14 to 19+ - and off a larger earnings base the rerating would be fairly attractive.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.
Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: ) in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php:236 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Application\Service\AppManager::handlePhpError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/data/vhosts/te...', 236, Array) #1 /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php(236): session_write_close() #2 [internal function]: Zend\Session\SessionManager->writeClose() #3 {main} thrown in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php on line 236