ELK 0.00% 1.4¢ elk petroleum limited

"The upper Shannon had been waterflooded so yes likely the oil...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 215 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    "The upper Shannon had been waterflooded so yes likely the oil is now predominantely immobile, the #8 well is basically at the oil water contact so no surprise the water had likely moved up past this formation, why on earth they decided a water injection well close to or on the original oilwater contact would be a good candidate to produce oil I will never know. I doubt that the water has made the lower shannon oil immobile higher on the structure, I suspect the company would not know either as I dont believe they are aware of the breakdown of fluid produced from the lower and upper shannon in #1 well. Moving straight to chemical flood avoids any risk that if the previous effort was botched up it would be shown to be the case.."

There were a long thread of discussions going back a decade about water already being used and the oil being immobile . For those wgho want to go looking there was discussion of exactly these current challenges .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ELK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.
Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: ) in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php:236 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Application\Service\AppManager::handlePhpError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/data/vhosts/te...', 236, Array) #1 /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php(236): session_write_close() #2 [internal function]: Zend\Session\SessionManager->writeClose() #3 {main} thrown in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php on line 236