CAP 2.27% 4.3¢ carpentaria resources ltd

some perspective, page-2

1. 6,294 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 147
    Absolutely superb summary there! Personally I am of the opinion that ASI wouldn't have spent all this time and effort in court trying to oust BMG for nothing. BMG's most developed asset by far is the Hawsons partnership, and I bet that is the first thing ASI will try and get their hands on if they were to win out in the courts.

Now, if ASI are free to do as they please (and are serious about Hawsons) then they could just as easily bid for CAP instead of simply buying into the Hawsons JV. It would be cheaper and more profitable for them in the long run - see that post of mine from a few weeks back.

So we actually have two high potential takeover candidates, Conglin AND ASI.

However (and this is something I didn't address in my post on this matter a few weeks back), he board seemingly weren't comfortable with us being taken over at 50c, and this was 18 months ago. Now look at the progress that has been made, and it would seem that the board won't settle for, at least, anything less than 50c if a firm wanted to take us over. So, in summary, we actually have two possible takeover candidates, but neither of them are likely to be successful unless they pay a significant premium to our current share price. In other words, for ASI to get what they want they will have to simply JV with us at Hawsons, even if it is the more expensive option for them.

For mine, this could be a very successful year for us CAP shareholders if ASI were to jump into bed with us and progress Hawsons along; while I don't want to get too far ahead of myself here, all indications seem to point towards something like this occuring. At the end of the day, would they have gone to all of this time and effort in the courts for nothing?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.