AQG 4.81% $10.09 alacer gold corp.

Good stuff stokdog. I had only ever had a cursory look at Lidya...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 3,000 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 455
    Good stuff stokdog. I had only ever had a cursory look at Lidya Mining but Calik looks like the name I should have searched for.

Really helps having that level of connection in a country with as many potential problems as Turkey (and one verging on dictatorship).

As I’ve said previously on here in conversations with @eshmun I have never been majorly concerned about Turkey from a sovereign risk point of view. While there is a lot of bluster from Erdogan he appears to be pro-business and doesn’t have policies to nationalise or extort the mining sector like is often pushed in African countries.

It would appear the main sovereign risk form Alacer’s point of view is Erdogan not being there. I never fully understood the coup in 2016 and from memory many claimed it was staged to cement Erdogan’s power. Similar to the Reichstag fire, for those who know their Nazi history.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AQG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.
Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: ) in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php:236 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Application\Service\AppManager::handlePhpError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/data/vhosts/te...', 236, Array) #1 /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php(236): session_write_close() #2 [internal function]: Zend\Session\SessionManager->writeClose() #3 {main} thrown in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php on line 236