CAP 2.27% 4.3¢ carpentaria resources ltd

well given the confidence shown by shareholders at the recent...

1. 68 Posts.
    well given the confidence shown by shareholders at the recent EGM i am surprised there are sellers. At the time there seemed to me to be a lot of confidence that the board would deliver something magical. Seems strange to me to vote that way, and then sell stock 20% lower as we are seeing now. Someone sold a decent wedge as well. My guess was 350k plus. Which tells me that someone with more than half an interest threw in the towel. Again, i query the logic of the sellers on the basis of the EGM result but would of course welcome anyone who did sell to let us all know what they are/were thinking.

If i am honest unless there is a reputable JV partner introduced before the end of 1H13 who is happy to stump up a squillion dollars and leave CAP with terms as good at the back end as the BMG JV, i think this thing will be closer to zero than 10 before we all lodge our tax returns this year.

Thats just my view though. I am also happy to confirm at this time that ive not sold any and i was in fact the buyer of 200k a few days ago. this is the only time ill talk about what i am doing or have done though. If asked in future ill just say that i have no comment.

i assume some shareholders have been in touch with management which i have not and i for one am wondering whether anyone who has can give us all a feel for whether Nick and the boys remain vocally confident of delivering a blockbusting deal for shareholders.

i am out of the loop so any colour is appreciated.

Also, to be fair, i think the question should be directed at the Board. They are the ones telling shareholders its a 3.2bn dollar project and they have "Strong interest from a number of parties" etc. Hitherto the reason given for the lack of delivery has been because of the liquidation of BMG etc. Well, Nick has stated publicly that a third party can, at anytime, buy the BMG interest in the JV for 13mn dollars which would be peanuts for anyone genuine. The delay in the project will have cost many multiples of that since the start of December so i do have some question marks over that line of reasoning. Perhaps i am the only one though.

If anyone can pull it off though, it is Nick, and given my view on what will happen to the px if we dont get a deal ASAP, lets all hope he and the board members who serve him can deliver as promised.

anyway, sorrry long answer. i think there is a lot going on in the background that we dont know about. In the end, the reality is that the more sellers there are, the more people are losing confidence in the company's ability to deliver value.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.