CAB 2.67% $2.19 cabcharge australia limited

I'll throw my take into the ring: Uber had a pretty fast uptake...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,000 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    I'll throw my take into the ring:
    • Uber had a pretty fast uptake because it offered cheaper fixed price rides on medium to long journeys (>$25) and because Aussies love new technology
    • Uber drivers were attracted very quickly: they've got a car, they're out of work/in menial work so it was a no-brainer that they'd enter the taxi industry w/o the need for a plate, training, clearances, etc
    • Rapid driver uptake translated to apparently quicker(?) and better(?) service than cabs
    • the publics antagonism towards "foreign" drivers in chuck-smelling cabs helped Uber immensely
    • Taxi reality will set in the longer drivers operate for Uber: high fuel and maintenance costs will start to bite and income from Uber will be insufficient: expect a general exodus of drivers out of the business: of course there may be a continual supply of new starry-eyed drivers to replace them, so the net effect is unknown
    • I would guess (!) that a reasonable majority of taxi fares are taken for business purposes.  As has been pointed out elsewhere, you cant get/its more complicated to get a receipt from Uber.  That's a big issue that they might be able to address, who knows?
    • Uber's entry has made the taxi companies try harder, so has been a good thing.  It has also made governments consider taxi deregulation, also a good thing - for the public, at least.
    CAB needs to consider its business model and where will it be in the near, medium, and long term future.  A proliferation of payment apps will make their current model unsustainable.  Deregulation will make their taxi business irrelevant.  I wait with baited breath to learn how management will transition the company to the new reality.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.
Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: ) in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php:236 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Application\Service\AppManager::handlePhpError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/data/vhosts/te...', 236, Array) #1 /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php(236): session_write_close() #2 [internal function]: Zend\Session\SessionManager->writeClose() #3 {main} thrown in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php on line 236