ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,140 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 76
    wow Andy thanks for such a critique. I could respond with pages of literature however ill try and make this as short as possible so I can get on with my weekend.

Can you point out exactly what you mean by "wasting it on top executives that are not required and systems that don't work" If they were making a killing for 50 years then arguably the systems they have been using were working. In any case, CCL are trying to reinvent the wheel and have been working on this for some time. They are diversifying the product mix and looking to expand into emerging markets by growing in Indonesia.

in defence to the above anyone with half a brain that has spent 20-30 years in the workforce, particular if you have worked for both private and government organisations and also owned and run your own business will know what I mean. lets use the mining industry as a current example, how is that all of  a sudden with the massive decrease in iron ore prices they can miraculously cut hundreds of jobs at all levels including hierarchical executive positions yet increase the iron ore they are digging out of the ground, furthermore they can generate even more cost savings per ton by making their systems more efficient. Why were they not using these initiatives  when they were getting $180 per ton for ore. CCL is no different they have had it too good for too long, they have never had any incentive to trim the fat, but now with competition and the advent of better health, they have realised the good times and the holiday is over.Go into any workforce or organisation and guaranteed you will find some positions that are not productive, they are merely a bum on a seat or a position/title created for what ever reason.Im not going to harp on about this issue anymore as im sure blind Freddy can understand what I meant.

regarding your medical lecture on sugar ill respond by saying thanks for telling me what I already know. Unfortunately there is this very powerful machine called the media in its many forms such as TV and paper it brainwashes people into thinking that if they stop just drinking sugary drinks then all will be OK. Yes of course there are a million other things that may be bad for your health, the problem is that unfortunately coke is the major scapegoat here, being a shareholder myself I obviously don't like that, but that's the card coke has been dealt. added to the bad health attention that coke now gets from all the news programs and papers its no different when you take a visit to the doctors or the dentist. The dentist doesn't ask you how much dominos you ate in the last week, but he does ask you how many sugary drinks do you consume, how many sports drinks do you consume, if you so much as mention that you consume these beverages straight away they are onto you like a rash. You must stop drinking that rubbish coke rots your teeth, sports drinks will do the same even though they are advertised as being a sports drink. The doctors is the same issue and I used diabetes as an example, if your stats are correct what do you think it costs government and ultimately the taxpayer to treat 1,000,000 diabetics??? whether you like it or not sugary drinks get a lot of attention in this domain. If you want stats and you don't believe diabetes is not a growing problem then refer to following link, you only have to read the first page to understand the gravity of the problem. And yea I know there are many contributing factors rather than just sugary drinks, but it appears easy for the media and health industry to start the blame process with drinks like coke.

http://www.diabetesaustralia.com.au/Understanding-Diabetes/Diabetes-Globally/

your comment about glucose is simplistic, if your using coke as your source of glucose then  maybe you need to do a couple minutes of research on the net to realise that glucose can be sourced from hundreds of other sources, too name just a few, pasta, whole grain bread, potato, fruit, vegetables and the list goes on.

and finally regarding your last comment, you state that coke have know this for some time and that it has been raised in their reports many times, well that just makes them look like a bunch of clowns even more then. So they have known this for years yet ccl profits and  share price continue to suffer. The ironic thing is for some time now they have openly been declaring this, how many years did they really know all this but let their attitudes get in the way of reality, no different to Kodak knowing about the advent of digital media, but they chose to ignore it, in fact they shunned the thought and had the attitude that nahh it would never take off, it would never surpass traditional photo prints.

so Andy we can all sit hear and shoot holes into each others opinions but:
    FACT sugary fizzy drink sales are sliding for reasons discussed above
    FACT coke products are not as competitive as many other sugary drink companies
    FACT the 50 year holiday and good times are over
    FACT coke need to get their s...t together if they want to turn profits around and they need to do it fast

so in summary as a part owner of the company get your s......t together coke, as im a bit sick of seeing my capital being eroded.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.
Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: ) in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php:236 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Application\Service\AppManager::handlePhpError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/data/vhosts/te...', 236, Array) #1 /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php(236): session_write_close() #2 [internal function]: Zend\Session\SessionManager->writeClose() #3 {main} thrown in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php on line 236