STO 2.63% $7.02 santos limited

Harbour Energy, page-33

1. 1,147 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    Unfortunately there is no guarantee in the market these days, with the old days of buy and hold for a long time almost gone !
    Sure STO has performed strongly in the last couple of years to pay back debt but its share price only rises when Oil goes up and no one knows how long this will continue. People can say what they like about it keeping rising in the future but no one really knows.
    So if an opportunity presents itself to make a few $$ you need to take it and move on.... there are many mores stocks out there to pump your money in to.

I personally hold 60,000 in STO and hope the offer goes through and I will end up making some $$ on a stock that at one point I did not know if I would ever get any of my money back .... back in the dark dim days a few of years ago.
    In this same period many other holdings I have had have gone between 40-100%, so this has been a really bad investment for me, with money stock in STO that I could have used elsewhere.

I think there will be a counter offer from another party and we should get more than the $6.50 offered but if we dont, I would be more than glad to move on at this price...
    If someone told me I would get $6.50 even a year ago I would have done cartwheels so I wont be too greedy and get what is on offer if the board decides it is in the best interest for shareholders.

One thing to note though, if the offer is rejected or does not go through for some reason, the STO share price will be Punished and I can see it coming back to the $4.80 -$5.00 region where it will stay for another 1-2 years.
    I am hoping to see the back of STO !... arrivederci

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.