ELK 0.00% 1.4¢ elk petroleum limited

I remain bullish on Elk and am a fan of what Brad Lingo has done...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 23 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 46
    I remain bullish on Elk and am a fan of what Brad Lingo has done to position Elk for scale and profitability. Good to hear that Brad believes Grieve production to be just a few days away from now.

That said, the OGIS presentation posted earlier today appears to be a sloppy and careless rehash. One glaring example: Slide 19 - last bullet on the page - states that Grieve production "is expected late Q1 2018".

More interesting is Slide #4 which includes the following assertions:

- Market cap of US$ 165 million
    - PV of US$ 410 million . . . suggesting a roughly 2.5x uplift in current share-price
    - Long term debt of US$ 175 million
    - Debt to EBITDA ratio of 3.0

That last bullet appears to be - again carelessly - over-optimistic, given forecast 2018 EBITDA of US$50 million. Because the debt is presumably both real and now/today. While the forecast EBITDA depends on clean execution over another 2-plus months of this fiscal year.

Possibly I just missed it - or perhaps it wasn't included in the presention - but can anyone comment on what Elk's forecast 2018 debt-servicing costs are on the $175 million of debt contrasted with refinanced debt-servicing costs, once Grieve production is proven rather than promised ?

I'm mindful that EBITDA means Earnings before INTEREST, etc. So I am trying to understand what the bottom-line for net profit looks like for both 2018 and 2019 ?

I continue to believe that Elk's share price will cross 20 cents per share by the time full-year results are reported for FY2018. But probably my earlier call of "above 25 cents by mid-August" was over-optimistic. I have already guessed wrongly - badly - by predicting that Elk's share-price would cross 20 cents per share by mid-February.

Sign me still bullish but (somewhat) chastened. Not a seller below 25 cents based on current prospects though.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ELK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.
Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: ) in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php:236 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Application\Service\AppManager::handlePhpError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/data/vhosts/te...', 236, Array) #1 /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php(236): session_write_close() #2 [internal function]: Zend\Session\SessionManager->writeClose() #3 {main} thrown in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php on line 236