ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 6,436 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 963
    i think the point appears to be that it isnt nearly as much of a staple - at least in terms of stability of earnings - anymore.

the market continues to feel its way toward understanding what a new sustainable paradigm is for ccl - and looks like it has one more step shift down to me.

ie as of yest its priced on 20x pe ($22.6m half year npat x2) - which is a premium valuation for a very large blue chip defensive industrial.

mgt flagged further profit downgrade for next half and possibly into next year.

to offset this they appear to be doing cost out + hoping they can get more from indonesia.

So - short term at least - even in a rational market - i think you are looking at a reduction in SP once the full year NPAT is revised.

With that as a backdrop - i think you would be unlikely to see the stock perform with the same defensiveness as say WOW in any macro move down.

but they are your dollars.

i just think there's a lot of relatively unsophisticated yield chasing support in this stock price - that always burns away if valuations dont support it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.
Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: ) in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php:236 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Application\Service\AppManager::handlePhpError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/data/vhosts/te...', 236, Array) #1 /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php(236): session_write_close() #2 [internal function]: Zend\Session\SessionManager->writeClose() #3 {main} thrown in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php on line 236