ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 6,436 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 963
    make sure you dont confuse historical vs entry yield.

as i said - I was calculating the PE based on what I expect from full 2014 CY results.

ie the $22.6M NPAT 1st half just handed down - and i assumed a notional $22.6M for 2nd half = $45.2M.

That gives a PE of 20 at around $9.45 which was price when i did the calc.

Realistically CCL are guiding to lower profit in 2nd half again - so Im being a touch over optimistic.
    But I cant justify holding the stock at 20x pe let alone more. So tis a moot point

There'll be analysts that argue brand value plus 'monster' future modelling upside - but all stocks have those arguments.

I need a stock to justify itself on current earnings basis - and this one looks like a value trap to me in the short and possibly even medium term.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.
Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: ) in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php:236 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Application\Service\AppManager::handlePhpError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/data/vhosts/te...', 236, Array) #1 /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php(236): session_write_close() #2 [internal function]: Zend\Session\SessionManager->writeClose() #3 {main} thrown in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php on line 236