CCL 0.00% $13.30 coca-cola amatil limited

Hi Periculum, Interesting point that you raise. I will start by...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 117 Posts.
    Hi Periculum,

Interesting point that you raise. I will start by saying I'm not a smart person but here are my thoughts.

I think this is a moot point and here's why.

Essentially what you're talking about is whether or not an 'ethical issue' will have some spillover impact on the strategic position of TCCC and CCL. As much as this pains me to say, I think that for the most part, people have become accustomed to, or desensitised to immoral behaviour. A day doesn't go past where there aren't countless examples of people in power acting in inappropriate ways. If you look at other companies that have acted like this, e.g. large investment banks in the US and you will see that investors are happy to ignore these actions and look at the underlying ability of that company to make money. Perhaps some fine is paid but for the most part, everything continues along. There may be some ethical funds that would choose not to hold TCCC and CCL however they make up only a small subset of managed money globally so impact will be negligible.

I also think that most people would already assume that FIFA are to some extent guilty. In other words this is not a surprise. It is talked about often enough that the only surprise will be the scale of the findings.

From TCCC's point of view, so long as there is nothing questionable that they have done, it should be easy enough to distance themselves from any wrongdoing by FIFA and possibly use any findings to double down a commitment to the world game and turn this negative into a positive.

As I mentioned earlier, I think this a moot point. I think that the questions that people are asking about TCCC and CCL have more to do with product, market share and margins than any ethical impact associated with sponsorship of the world cup.

Based on your reasoning above, what do you think may happen?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.
Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: ) in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php:236 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Application\Service\AppManager::handlePhpError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/data/vhosts/te...', 236, Array) #1 /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php(236): session_write_close() #2 [internal function]: Zend\Session\SessionManager->writeClose() #3 {main} thrown in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php on line 236