ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 377 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    TLS provides customers with the option to have a landline phone. The number using the service is quite small (I think) and consists mainly of elderly people. The cost to the customer is not huge. However it is (I think ) a nice little earner for TLS.

Sadly, there are grubs/ crims out there who make money by conning (mainly) elderly people into thinking that their computer has a problem and then gaining control of the PC and hacking into it. They do this by cold-calling the landline phones and saying something such as " Hi, this is Telstra and we have noticed that your internet connection is running very slowly ...." Recentlly Ive had a posh Pommie voice electronic message "Hi, This is Telstra ... your NBN connection will be unavailable ... please call the following number for further details .... " . If I call the number I speak to an Asian-sounding person who will "assist" me with my PC.

Now I know that the customer can set up Caller Identification and no doubt other defences ... but its very inconvenient (and the calls can still be made) .

My point is ... doesnt Telstra have a role in stopping these grubs from ripping off the elderly? Surely from a marketing point of view the supplier (TLS) should be showing what a good corporate citizen it is by developing seamless controls which deter the criminals? Is it a case of ho-hum , it would cost money and its too difficult, and we dont care as long as we're getting oldies to pay for landlines?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.92
Change
-0.030(0.76%)
Mkt cap ! $46.33B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.95 $3.95 $3.90 $69.01M 17.63M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 271136 $3.91

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.92 282151 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.
Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: ) in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php:236 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Application\Service\AppManager::handlePhpError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/data/vhosts/te...', 236, Array) #1 /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php(236): session_write_close() #2 [internal function]: Zend\Session\SessionManager->writeClose() #3 {main} thrown in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php on line 236