SMD 0.00% 1.0¢ syndicated metals limited

Confirmation of rumors in previous post. Cutbacks, but mine...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 227 Posts.
    Confirmation of rumors in previous post.
    Cutbacks, but mine operating well still

By HAILEY RENAULT

Sept. 1, 2014, 9:30 p.m.
    CLONCURRY’S Great Australia Mine cut back its core business this year after feeling the pinch from “a number of production-related issues”.
    On July 29, 17 local employees were made redundant after management chose to shut its copper concentrator and focus solely on copper sulphate production.
    Copper Chem general manager Doug White said the mine was still performing well and narrowed its focus to stay productive.
    “A position was taken to cease operations at the concentrator and this led to a restructure of our Cloncurry operations that unfortunately resulted in a number of people, casual and permanent, being made redundant,” he said.
    “Continuous production issues leading to unsustainable performance led us to take the action.”
    Copper Chem was forced to evaluate its operations in Cloncurry in February when the towns water supply dwindled and severe water restrictions cut back the amount of recycled water available for the mine’s operations.   
    Mr White said water security and supply was still a major issue and the decision to suspend one part of the operation “will allow continuity of production in the other part of our business while conserving a limited water supply”.
    The company still employs 27 workers on-site; a workforce sourced entirely from Cloncurry.
    “We are now 100 per cent residential on site and still maintain our commitment to local programs like Myuma,” Mr White said.
    “You push to maintain a local presence and the impact of that is if you have a downturn it affects the local economy.”

http://www.northweststar.com.au/story/2529557/cutbacks-but-mine-operating-well-still/?cs=191

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.
Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: ) in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php:236 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Application\Service\AppManager::handlePhpError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/data/vhosts/te...', 236, Array) #1 /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php(236): session_write_close() #2 [internal function]: Zend\Session\SessionManager->writeClose() #3 {main} thrown in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php on line 236