CCL 0.00% $13.30 coca-cola amatil limited

Coca Cola is losing profit. I am losing money too.

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 340 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    I used to be CCL holders, until its 20% drop, upon announcement. So, I got out, instead of buying more at $9 mark back in April. It was frustrating at the time, when you think how such famous beverage brand could lose so much profit over the past few years, when ASX keeps reaching record high.
    Here's why
    1. I was looking for catalyst, when CCA says in 2013. The profit drop could be reversed by growth opportunity in emerging markets, such as Indonesia and Fiji. Then, I realize CCA is just not good enough to capitalize on the opportunity. In comparison, Coca Cola volume sale in China rockets. Perhaps, affordability is an issue.
    2. The situation in its main market, Australia is not improving. Except that a lot of investors rushed in to push CCL share price to $9.74 less than a week ago, thinking it's bargain.
    3. Not many people are forward looking. They only look at the past record and say Coca Cola is a awesome brand and its performance is awesome, until 2013. So, they say "yep, the share price will go back"
    4. When looking at coca cola around the globe. Its sale is declining in developed markets. Much of the growth is from emerging markets. Keep in mind, CCA is mostly exposed to Australia/NZ. So, only emerging market is Indonesia but its economy growth is lowest for almost 5 years.

Some investors prefer looking at the value of stock and not care about the share price. So do I but I got out, not because share price is plunging but I no longer find myself wanting to consume Coke. As I realize the share price is back to $9 mark again.

Is it a bargain again?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.
Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: ) in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php:236 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Application\Service\AppManager::handlePhpError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/data/vhosts/te...', 236, Array) #1 /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php(236): session_write_close() #2 [internal function]: Zend\Session\SessionManager->writeClose() #3 {main} thrown in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php on line 236