That's true and that's why I defend religion.But my point is...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,739 Posts.
    That's true and that's why I defend religion.

But my point is that religion is not exempt from proving itself in this day and age. The values and morals, the European world-view, in fact the world view has all been transformed by various religious points of view, Buddhist, Hindu and indigenous religions too numerous to mention. All just as valid as each other.

The most toxic Christian world view is that it is the only valid religion and the only path the God. This alone has been the cause of countless deaths and misery and even caused Christian to destroy Christian.

When Christianity in this case makes certain claims over considerable time frames then it's perfectly fair to ask them to show some kind of substantiation for their claims. Some religions claim there was a great flood and humans are only 6,000 years old, but not a single scrap of evidence exists for these events that would have piled up evidence everywhere.

Are people not then allowed to challenge the claims of religion? Of course they are because religion is not sacred in any way. It is a belief system based on tradition, culture and calcified beliefs handed on generation after generation like passing a baton, without question or logical thought.

That's not good enough, real religion must be aligned with reality and be open to questioning because it's an institution invented by man. God, nor Jesus were religious.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.