ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 296 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    That was the reason I bought some CCL yesterday.

According to Commsec's data CCL has paid $6.50 in dividends+franking credits in the past 10 years.

The share price yesterday was $9.26.

I am reasonably confident the next 10 years will also see at least $6.50 in dividends, possibly more. Admittedly I do not know much about Coke's business or the specifics on how it makes its money. I am merely basing my confidence on the fact that I have first hand experience that they make a tasty beverage (Coke).

Will putting $9.26 in cash at bank give back $6.50 in interest in the next 10 years? I don't think so. It seems like a no brainer to put spare cash in high yielding stocks with predictable profits rather than leaving it in the bank.
    Last edited by vagabond84: 13/05/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.
Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: ) in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php:236 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Application\Service\AppManager::handlePhpError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/data/vhosts/te...', 236, Array) #1 /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php(236): session_write_close() #2 [internal function]: Zend\Session\SessionManager->writeClose() #3 {main} thrown in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php on line 236