ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,000 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    Of course Ubers business model is lower cost - it doesn't need to pay any of the overheads of a licenced taxi service. But hey, if you want to get into a car and not be covered by insurance in the case of an accident, thats your choice. I do not.

Only no, as the govt is forcing Uber drivers to have appropriate insurance, and police clearance, and vehicle safety inspections and, yes, pay tax on their earnings, are Uber starting to squeal like pigs that their drivers cant afford it. Sorry, those are the costs of doing business. I agree that some costs are artificial (eg, taxi plate cost), but I for one want the guarantee that my trip is insured, the car is independently audited and that there is at least a chance I am not being driven by a criminal (taxi industry issues notwithstanding!)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.
Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: ) in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php:236 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Application\Service\AppManager::handlePhpError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/data/vhosts/te...', 236, Array) #1 /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php(236): session_write_close() #2 [internal function]: Zend\Session\SessionManager->writeClose() #3 {main} thrown in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php on line 236