DGX 0.00% 0.6¢ diploma group limited

I noticed this company when they had the share price crash from...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. asf
    9,888 Posts.
    I noticed this company when they had the share price crash from about 36c to 28c- it came up on the bottom 20 list, so I checked it out.

There seems to be some interesting ideas of this share buyback. The companystated they had an upper band of what they were allowed legally to buy shares for- it doesn;t mean they will pay that price. It is indeed in the company's interest to buy the shares back as cheaply as possible- that means profit for the company and intended profit for those who don't sell out, perhaps by way of increased dividend share.

The share price, whilst I have watched it, usualy reverts to about 28c. Why people would buy into this company thinking that the company will pay them more to buy them back, is beyond me. Having said that, this seems like not a bad company. It just doesn't have the buying demand to raise theshare price- there is moreso selling demand, which is why the buyback was announced- it keeps some kind of floor on trhe share price- for the long-term holders, because, if there was no buyback, the share price could fall to anything at all. If there is no buyer, you can just bid anything- why not bid 16c, for example?

The purchasing done of late might have come from this thread, because, from the title, it looked like people might just be able to get some capital gain. It will always be in any company's interest to buy back cheaply. Now, they have some people who bought in higher, wanting to sell higher... I'm not sure that's realistic. At least you have a buyer- better than none at all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DGX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.
Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: ) in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php:236 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Application\Service\AppManager::handlePhpError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/data/vhosts/te...', 236, Array) #1 /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php(236): session_write_close() #2 [internal function]: Zend\Session\SessionManager->writeClose() #3 {main} thrown in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php on line 236