ADO 0.00% 2.1¢ anteotech ltd

In 1973 I was a naive 19 year old and had just started work with...

1. 5,835 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 53
    In 1973 I was a naive 19 year old and had just started work with Mt. Newman Mining Company in Port Hedland. We spent the first two days learning about the company and the mining and shipping of iron ore.

During this time I asked why we aren't turning iron ore into steel ourselves. I remember the condescending looks but essentially it came down to money. Nobody was willing to borrow the money to build steel mills in the Pilbara. As far as our politicians were concerned the Pilbara was an outpost and if they could make a bit of money from it, fine.

Now I'm turning 65 and I have an idea why we throw away our opportunities. We talk about Aussie grit and determination and drive but unfortunately it's just that, talk. Politicians are more concerned with the next election than making our country successful. We have a myopic view and are so concerned with cutting costs that we've lost any vision of what is possible and I can't see that changing anytime soon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $54.77M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.0¢ 2.1¢ 2.0¢ $1.618K 78.27K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1215000 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 648018 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.52am 01/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.
Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: ) in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php:236 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Application\Service\AppManager::handlePhpError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/data/vhosts/te...', 236, Array) #1 /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php(236): session_write_close() #2 [internal function]: Zend\Session\SessionManager->writeClose() #3 {main} thrown in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php on line 236