ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 7,303 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 664
    I have not commented for a loooong time on NSE.
    I no longer have any shares, as I simply decided to put all my eggs in one basket with the other Canning company.

Anyway.
    Very interesting deal, I am not going to pass judgement, but what I have done is a very basic run down of what NSE is spending and what they need to do over the next 12 months. This is a huge transaction for a company with such a small market cap.

Current Cash as of Sept 2013 - $37.3 million (it will obviously be less than that after 2 months).

The Deal -
    Stage 1 & 2 payments total - $20.6 million
    4 U.S wells to be drilled - $28 million
    Cooper Basin 500km 3D seismic - $10-15 million (approx)
    Merlinleigh well - $8-10 million (approx)
    1-2 wells in Southern Canning - $ unknown... but millions.
    Admin - $2 million

Grand total - $68.6 min // $75.6 max
    (plus unknown for 2 Canning wells)

With their newly acquired production of 300-400 barrels at $95 you get $10.4 min to $13.8 max in revenue... before costs (I have to leave out any successes that NSE get with the wells for now, so obviously production could increase, but it will take a couple of years even if the wells are successful to pay off the U.S acquisition).

So without anything other deals etc occurring, which I have a feeling may occur, we get a negative cash position of anywhere between $20.9 million to $24.5 million. A fairly dramatic change in the balance sheet. And of course, I think it will be much lower, as I have not included the costs of the U.S producing assets, or the cost of the 1-2 wells that need to be drilling in the Southern Canning Basin.

There's the numbers I have so far. I am sure Anatol and others can do a much better job. Looking forward to all the discussion, as it really is a very surprising deal.

Lastly, NSE has basically given 30% of its shares as part of the deal, which, I am trying not to pass judgement on it, but it seems to me that the new cornerstone investor has a pretty easy way of taking the company over... or at least getting control of 30.6% of the company.

Good luck to all longs.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AQO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.
Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: ) in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php:236 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Application\Service\AppManager::handlePhpError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/data/vhosts/te...', 236, Array) #1 /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php(236): session_write_close() #2 [internal function]: Zend\Session\SessionManager->writeClose() #3 {main} thrown in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php on line 236