ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 3,719 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 114
    Nothing new as far as I can see...just a restatement of the Takeover Panel Decision.

The supplementary bidders statement from Magnum had a few interesting points:
    - Sale Facility might not go ahead (i.e. for people who want to sell their Magnum shares)
    - Magnum have offered to reverse peoples' acceptances. Which suggests they are well and truly out of the game.

Either way, DLS is so far ahead in $ value that the Magnum offer is redundant. The two options are to:
    - accept the DLS offer
    - or keep your shares and hope for further market rises in the share price. Given stake that Mistubishi now have, and the prices they have been paying, DLS will have a difficult getting to the point where they can compulsorily acquire shares. But if DLS are going to play the long-game, DLS will let their bid lapse and mop up the rest slowly. In the meantime, I would expect the AQO share price to languish, as it is only this high because of the DLS offer, which expires 27th August.

I now plan to accept the DLS offer.

Unfortunately, all the parties to this deal - DLS, AQO directors, Magnum - have come out of this looking a little shonky/incompetent. It hasn't been the greatest advertisement as to the quality of corporate governance in Oz, although the Takeover Panel did step up when they needed to.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AQO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.
Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: ) in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php:236 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Application\Service\AppManager::handlePhpError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/data/vhosts/te...', 236, Array) #1 /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php(236): session_write_close() #2 [internal function]: Zend\Session\SessionManager->writeClose() #3 {main} thrown in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php on line 236