MGU 0.00% 1.2¢ magnum mining and exploration limited

Some interesting drill holes there at Notlor North - I think the...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,378 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 343
    Some interesting drill holes there at Notlor North - I think the Fig 5 cross section is the most instructive:

ScreenHunter_78 Feb. 20 09.54.jpg

What this section says to me is that there are numerous shallow historical drill holes with a lot of shallow oxide copper but once MGU stuck a deeper hole in (MNRC006) they got economic widths and grades of sulphide Cu and Au associated, apparently associated with a black shale unit contact so some similarities to Mt Elliot or even Mt Dore there.

Cross section Fig 4 (drill hole MNRC005) initially appears discouraging with the mineralization pretty weak at the eastern end until you realize that hole MNRC010 was drilled at a different orientation but tested the other western end and got some pretty decent numbers.

ScreenHunter_79 Feb. 20 10.16.jpg

Notice how the historical drilling consists of a lot of vertical holes on roughly SW-NE section lines and not any deep holes and not many inclined or useful diamond drill holes, this has all the appearance of an underexplored and poorly understood potential orebody to me.

I didn't bother with the other cross section as it looks like there is some sort of folding and/or drilling down plunge going on which makes this section a bit difficult to evaluate but you would have to think that more drilling may provide some answers in the future.

And that's before you consider the last drill intercept reported from King Edward by MGU - that's interesting enough for more work in its own right as the mineralization may be narrow (in the order of 2-3m width) but the grades look like they will be stonking so if there is some continuity then this will also be a good drill target.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.