ELK 0.00% 1.4¢ elk petroleum limited

Hi Spec They had $34 million cash at June 30, so depending on...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,109 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 327
    Hi Spec

They had $34 million cash at June 30, so depending on how much of that is left now, they may use some of that.

I agree with your current sentiment , the Grieve "fiasco" has certainly worsened their position and as a holder , I wouldn't be recommending buying them right now. Brad is talking a bit of BS when it comes to " warning" shareholders at the AGM's about expecting a whole lot of water , some gas and very little oil in the early stages. I attended 2 EGMs and the AGM last year and there were no such warnings, words spoken... yes, there was to be a ramp up period to get to full production, but the impression given was that " initial production" of around 1100 BOPD was to start quite quickly, and then a 6 month ramp up to ~2500 BOPD. He may have said something in 2015 and 2016 but we were all primed by them to start producing oil, not just water, in Jan 2018 .

I may be naive but despite the above, am still confident that they will refinance on significantly improved T&C on the back of the Aneth PV increase, but even so, it will be a difficult grind for 2-3 years while they try to repair the balance sheet, so as you sensibly say, keep that finger away from the trigger for now and probably for a long time yet.

cheers

Dan

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ELK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.
Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: ) in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php:236 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Application\Service\AppManager::handlePhpError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/data/vhosts/te...', 236, Array) #1 /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php(236): session_write_close() #2 [internal function]: Zend\Session\SessionManager->writeClose() #3 {main} thrown in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php on line 236