STO 1.16% $6.84 santos limited

The risk relates to price and value investing is still the only...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,211 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 48
    The risk relates to price and value investing is still the only method that works for me at least. There's good reasons to favor it.

What financial analysts conceive of as risk only serves to highlight their staggering ignorance about the world in general. I am not skilled at all at investing, it's just that the competition - i.e people who think like you are staggeringly useless.

I am an electrical engineer who took accounting for one year in high school, I am totally useless. The fact that I am kicking your ass just proves how sheet y'all are at it. Cause I am just a part timer with no knowledge.

It's just I picked the important bits from the sea of noise - that's why I advocate the method. It's possible I suppose to pick growth stocks you are right, it's just alien to my way of thinking.

It's too hard - I want to do what's easy because I am lazy, not that bright and don't know much.

My track record only on hotcopper is (if I mark to market) is $70,000 on CDD, $100,000 on STO, $40,000 on SHJ, $30,000 on AWE, $40,000 on PRG $5,000 on SMX and $20,000 on TWR. In each of these cases I called my positions in advance.

The number of positions I sold at a loss (or down on paper) is hmmm let me think... none. Doesn't mean my next one won't be a complete trainwreck though.

In each case it took longer, in each case it went down before it went up. In each case I learned a lot from my mistakes and I still don't know much.

As I said though my portfolio has gone from $110,000 to $500,000 in the last 3.5 years so who cares what you think? Can you demonstrate the same?

Maybe tend your own nest before throwing stones at me. I own my mistakes.
    What I say is true and it doesn't need you permission. It's not liked this is something knew right?
    Value investors have been kicking your ass for 80 years, because the method makes sense. Still you would argue to me that night is day, and nitpick meaningless bullshit from what I tell you after I have already explained how it works and subsequently demonstrated specific examples.

Sometimes I think people let precision get in the way of accuracy. Too much focussing on the minutiae and ignoring the big picture.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. First I am crazy now I am lucky or it didn't happen.
    Can't beat the market, it's perfectly efficient. People are perfectly rational?

People are awesome, creative interesting kind, at times hyperintelligent but definitely not always rational.

Capitalism is the best of all possible worlds because it's the one we live in - there you go case closed.
    Last edited by croasian: 27/05/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.
Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: ) in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php:236 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Application\Service\AppManager::handlePhpError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/data/vhosts/te...', 236, Array) #1 /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php(236): session_write_close() #2 [internal function]: Zend\Session\SessionManager->writeClose() #3 {main} thrown in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php on line 236