ELK 0.00% 1.4¢ elk petroleum limited

Hi spec You are prettgood on the numbers , they are down $6.4...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,109 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 327
    Hi spec

You are prettgood on the numbers , they are down $6.4 mill in cash, they paid down $8.8 mill in debt but took back $4.4 mill so net debt decreased by $4.4 mil.... they also REALISED a $4 mil loss on closing out some Aneth hedges, which at this stage looks like a good move because the close out WTI price would habe almost ceratinly been at a lower price than where WTI is now... I am assuming they took a loss now because they believe the POO would continue to rise.. Alex is not in the office today so I will get specifics from him this week .

Without that hedging cash loss, they would have been operating cash flow positive to the tune of $3.5 million, rather than the $ 484,000 deficit. They spent $2.6 mill on investing activities and $3.2 mill on financing which is basically the net debt repayment of $4.4 mill but they drew out $1.1 million from the Grieve reserve account to help finance its development. Adding up the $0.5, $2.6 and $3.2 gives the $6.4 million decrease in cash on hand.

The financials for the next couple of quarters will be tight but will be improving. As you said , with Grieve coming online and costs of development completed , cash will be coming into the bank. Additionally, ELK will get $3 for each barrel flowing down the pipeline to Casper.

Interesting to see that they are not recording cash for CO2 sales, their net 3-4 mmcf CO2 per day ishould be generating about $50000 per quarter ATM, ( looks like they are getting about 10 cents per MCF)

The big kicker in cash flow will be Grieve ramping up and the refinance, both combined should provide at least a $10+ million net per quarter boost to cash, before they spend any money on Aneth.

I am expecting the next quarterly to see the company at least cash flow neutral as Aneth development is not scheduled to start till 3rd quarter and Grieve will be a net positive. At this stage for me , all is on track.

Cheers

Dan

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ELK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.
Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: ) in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php:236 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Application\Service\AppManager::handlePhpError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/data/vhosts/te...', 236, Array) #1 /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php(236): session_write_close() #2 [internal function]: Zend\Session\SessionManager->writeClose() #3 {main} thrown in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php on line 236