ELK 0.00% 1.4¢ elk petroleum limited

I'm taking a long term view on Elk as has always been my plan ....

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,722 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    I'm taking a long term view on Elk as has always been my plan .

- the oil is not so super-light like the shale plays so there should be more of a market for it at less of a discount to world prices .

- this is engineering rather than exploration . Exploration is m0re loss making than ever and the shale plays are drilling out their best acreage at very low oil prices . At some point , enhanced oil recovery has to become flavour of the month .

- there are very few enhanced oil recovery opportunities to invest in . Plenty of supposed entrepreneurs have "done it before" but most of them were just in the right place at the right time . Brad Lingo is the real deal .

- Elk's headcount went up significantly with the Aneth acquisition . Elk will have to expand it's operations and will start more E.O.R. projects and get better at identifying them .

Of course I have concerns ; operational - that the sellers of the projects knew something , that Grieve might leak and also financial ; interest rates and the P.O.O.

However , the shale genie is looking dormant and not likely to reawaken to cause mindless over production due to the investor fatigue , deteriorating geology of new drill areas , state of the pressure pumping industry .

Let's not get away from the fact that Elk have established themselves as a player in double quick time . There are going to be hiccups .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ELK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.
Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: ) in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php:236 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Application\Service\AppManager::handlePhpError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/data/vhosts/te...', 236, Array) #1 /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php(236): session_write_close() #2 [internal function]: Zend\Session\SessionManager->writeClose() #3 {main} thrown in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php on line 236