GIR 0.00% $5.43 giralia resources nl

re: Ann: McPhee Ck resource drilling -Strong ... Thought I would...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,341 Posts.
    re: Ann: McPhee Ck resource drilling -Strong ... Thought I would update the estimate following Figure 2 on the McPhee. From the outset I admit I made several mistakes in my previous estimation. Firstly, I used an S.G. of 2.7, but in the resource calculation they use a conservative 3.3. Secondly, once I saw the size of what they had calculated, it was aerially substantially smaller than my rough calculation (given the disparity between my calculation and that done on Datamine). Thirdly, when I went back, the calculations, and it appears that thickness is not 30m but around 26m.

So overall, good news...

I now feel pretty stupid trying to attempt this again, but I thought what the hell. None of you will recognise me walking down the street.

Again, fuzzy picture (but heh, this is Giralia after all), but assume bar graph is 1km. To match calculations outline by red (see Figure 2), have assumed a length of 3,500m x 175m (pretty narrow) x thickness of 26m x SG of 3.3 = 52.5Mt (which is close enough).

So for the purple or mauve outline: 7,000m length x 200m width using 26 metres thickness x SG of 3.3 = 120.1Mt, which is slap bang in the middle of the 100 to 140Mt target.

Now the crowd moves to the edge of its chair, a sharp intake of breath... This calculation has to be in parts, because of its messy shape. First bit is 5,500m in length x 650m (conservative) width x 26m x 3.3; plus 500m x 200m x 26 x 3.3; plus 100 x 500m x 26m x 3.3 = 319.6Mt

Sounds good if you say it quickly 319.6Mt

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GIR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.