[_REQUEST_ACCESS_TIME] => 1727691861.4203
            [_VALID] => Array
                (
                    [Zend\Session\Validator\Id] => s26nvpp93kuicrlcvpbit7f1ds
                )

)

)
-----------------------
CARPENTARIA RESOURCES LTD (ASX:CAP) - Ann: Hawsons JV Partner Pure Metals Dilution Election, 14239188, page-2 - HotCopper | ASX Share Prices, Stock Market & Share Trading Forum
CAP 2.27% 4.3¢ carpentaria resources ltd

OK, so now we all know that Silvergate will not pay the AUD...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,189 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    OK, so now we all know that Silvergate will not pay the AUD $246,000 owing but why?

IMO, these are some points that us smaller shareholders should think about why Silvergate has not paid:

* For simple maths purposes, Silvergate was meant to pay AUD $250,000, as part of their contribuiton to developing Hawsons. Using the CAP shareprice of 6c, $250,000 is equal to 4.2 million shares in CAP. I think Silvergate currently own around 19-20 million shares in CAP.

* The election to dilute their shareholding in Hawsons does not mean that Silvergate own less shares in CAP, it means that the 40% of the Hawson's project that Silvergate owns will be diluted due to the non payment of the AUD $250,000 and I am assuming that CAP will have fund the $250,000 development costsnow, but will then increase their ownership percentage of Hawsons. I do not know what the change in ownership (as a percentage) of Hawson's will be due to the non payment.

* Could Silvergate actually increase its overall ownership of CAP / Hawsons by spending the $250,000 buying shares on the market compared to contributing to the development costs as per the J/V agreement?

* The larger percentage of Hawson's that CAP owns, the more it has to spend on developing the project, increasing our CAPEX.

* At current burn rates, CAP has enough cash to last around 2 years and the CAP board is trying to cut costs, not increase them, which if I a reading this correctly, Silvergate will be forcing them to do.

* If CAP does not keep the project going forward, then we will find it harder to secure a development partner / an offtake agreement. Hence, how will we add value to the project and increase the CAP share price if we stop developing Hawsons???

* So with CAP having to spend more on the project (not to mention the legal fee's, EGM costs, etc), a capital raising is probably likely.

* If the current share price is 6c, what would the shares issued at a capital raising be priced at, 4c, 5c? The last capital raising was not well supported. Using a shareprice of 5c, $250,000 would buy you 5 million shares in CAP.

* By not paying, Silvergate look like the bad guy, by re-nigging on the deal, further swaying the court of public opinion. From a pure business perspective, I can see some possible merits as why Silvergate have elected not to pay.

* By not paying, do Silvergate demonstrate that their interests are not aligned with other shareholders?

As a shareholder, I am not happy that Silvergate have not pay. This whole battle between the CAP board and Silvergate is like a big game of chess and as pawn (small shareholder), I am tired of being slaughtered (share price wise).

With the iron ore price extremely depressed, we have enough "external" issues facing our company, we don't need "internal" issues dominating the landscape & the board room.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.