KSC 0.86% $3.52 k & s corporation limited

When I was a senior manager in a competitive business, I always...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,320 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 170
    When I was a senior manager in a competitive business, I always contacted and met with competitors, which surprised them, but it led to good outcomes unrelated to pricing. For instance: helping each other in equipment-failure situations; passing on names of good job applicants who approached either party when that party had no positions vacant; and referring perspective clients to each other where our businesses did not overlap. These were of minor significance.

Of real significance, and mutual advantage, was that I subcontracted to buy idle capacity from two competitors where the cost to them was near-zero, and hence my custom was a meaningful and regular fillip to their profitability. Also, that contact allowed a number of offers to buy or sell out, and the company for whom I worked was acquired by a company from whom I had subcontracted idle capacity, and we had each helped each other to get over equipment failures. Fox having a significant shareholding in KSC facilitates amicable contact, from which this kind of mutual advantage can spring.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KSC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.