re: Ann: Bidder's Statement despatched to... BRM is China's...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 4,884 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    re: Ann: Bidder's Statement despatched to... BRM is China's first crack at getting a strong foothold in the Pilbara. I note Matt747 has been posting about China Inc.'s recent smearing of FMG

China's modus operandi is becoming clearer now. They will make all the right sounds when appropriate to gain a stake, and then become belligerent and destruct the value for other shareholders.

Here is my scenario.
    I suspect AGO will be next in its sights. I fully expect Wah Nam (or the next Chinese owner of BRM)to make all the right sounds to AGO about the JV for the NWIOA port development, and then turn into the JV partner from hell, obstructing its devlopement and causing a substantial decline in the value of AGO. Another related Chinese suitor will then make a low ball offer for AGO, and try to sew up the whole NWIOA and it port and resource. They will then start to be a price maker in the iron ore market, undercutting the 4 big guys (Rio, BHP, FMG & Hancock)
    Longer term (the next 3-5 years) China make try to destablise FMG via a similar method and may attempt a takeover. China will then have a substantial chunk of Australia's economic wealth generation.

All I can say is, Australia's regulators need to toughen up and to this threat to Australia's economic independence. I don't see the above scenario as wholly pie in the sky at all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.
Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data using user defined save handler. (session.save_path: ) in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php:236 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Application\Service\AppManager::handlePhpError(2, 'session_write_c...', '/data/vhosts/te...', 236, Array) #1 /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php(236): session_write_close() #2 [internal function]: Zend\Session\SessionManager->writeClose() #3 {main} thrown in /data/vhosts/test/hotcopper-git/upload/darkhorse/vendor/zendframework/zend-session/src/SessionManager.php on line 236