ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,211 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 48
    I was trying to say that in a less confrontational way by pointing out that Pears' views are not unique but reflective of society at large.

Rather than shaming an individual we should ask do these preconceived biases create the form of ourselves which we desire to be. Or should we aspire to something else.

Today's announcement pointed out that Hony's agreement is conditional on board approval.

Rather than saying the board is "good" or "bad" we should point to specific actions.

GLNG and all the debt was a disaster, so too the underspend now. At the same time the way they played the capital raisings at the real crisis period was masterful and pro rata.

The board is greedy and self serving and at the same time does do its fiduciary very well on occasion.

These things are not mutually exclusive, the world is not black and white.

So far I say engaging with bidders has been good, I hope our board will be looking for the best price for all of us. On past actions I think they will play their cards well but I guess we will see.

As a large company there is less of the sculduggery seen at MRM, AWE and AAX for example. There's quite a lot of scrutiny in how minorities are treated in a huge dog like SANTOS.

I don't think Hony should have a board seat but I am not across the politics of that. The sort of thing I find amusing would be to strip them of that.

Let's see how it plays out, whatever else it is the three ring circus of financial markets is entertaining.

GLTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.